As you know there have been a few changes to the rules regarding covid-19 both locally and nationally.
New government guidance states that social gatherings of over 6 people are not permitted. However, please note that this new rule “does not apply to gatherings for education purposes” and so your class at MAD is exempt, so we are able to run our courses this term. Social distancing will be strictly adhered to in all classes, which allows our courses to run as planned within the government legislation. Should the guidance change we will update this statement and act accordingly. We’re keeping class sizes small with various measures detailed here too.
However, because of some of the implications of the new rules we need a bit more time for staff training to make sure that we’re all up to speed.
This means that we need to delay the start of term for one week – so term will start on October 5th and run up to the week beginning December 7th.
The day and time of your class remains the same – it will just start a week later!
Please note the following changes we have made to help keep our students safe
- Please aim to arrive promptly at the time your class is due to start
- Class start times have been staggered to ensure everyone can maintain social distancing and we need to avoid people gathering at the entrance.
- When you arrive please line up outside the building (there are stickers on the pavement) and you will be greeted by a member of staff.
- Please do not come up to the studios until you have been temperature checked by a member of staff.
- We have a track and trace in operation and we will use this and our registers to keep track of student attendance
- Please wear a face covering in the communal areas of the building (this will not be necessary in the studios but if you wish to wear one that is fine)
- Please ensure that you use the hand sanitisers to clean your hands before entering the studios
DURING THE CLASS:
- Classes will be 90 minutes long
- There will be a maximum of 9 students in each class in order to enable social distancing.
- Please bring your own pen/ pencil and something to write on in the class
- Studios are clearly marked out to ensure that we have the right amount of space between each other.
- Studios and communal spaces will be wiped down and high usage surfaces will be regularly cleaned.
- We ask that only 2 people use the toilet facilities at one time
Because of the limitations of theatre performances we will not be able to have the showcase in the usual format this term. But we will aim to use the theatre to film performances in the final week.
Please be assured that we are doing all that we can to help to keep people safe and to follow the ever-changing guidelines. If these guidelines change in a way that affects our classes, we will inform you as soon as possible and make the changes necessary.
If you have any problems or questions regarding our classes or the regulations, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
We’ve missed being in the building and seeing our MAD students and we’re really looking forward to getting back to classes!Click here to Book